Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bye Bye Binky!

Isabella finally gave up her binky, or as she called it, her mimis. She only used it when she slept for nap time and bed time. But it was time for it to go. I was tired of seeing the thing and if she dropped it she would get up. It had to go.

I started looking at ideas to get rid of it a few weeks ago. There are quite a few good ways to try to get rid of it. I heard tying it to balloons and letting the child send them off. Taking the pacifiers to Toys R Us to trade in for a toy. Giving them to another baby. Like I said, so many ideas. But I went with a "broken" binky. I cut off the tip of the binky so it was hard to suck on. I showed her it was "broken" and when she tried to use it, she couldn't. So, she threw it in the trash. But right after she threw it away she said we had to get a new one. Nope, sorry babe, the binky is done.

She went to sleep quickly. I was surprised since the night before she would not go to sleep without her binky. She had dropped it out of her crib and I wanted to see if she would give it up. But it was a no-go. So, we are done! Next up, moving her to her toddler bed. I've been trying to postpone this as long as possible.





No comments: