Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Top 10 Baby Items

After having two kids, relatively close in age, I've realized that I bought/registered for stuff I didn't use. Too many to list, so I'll give a list of the top 10 most used. Of course, this is all in my humble opinion. These are in no particular order...

1. Baby Crack Machine {HoMedics SoundSpa Lullaby sound machine} - I started using this thing just a few weeks after Jacob was born. I'm still using it for #2, and it's a God send. I've even taken it on trips. It only cost me around $20, and it was well worth it. However, I do have to mention that the projector broke after only 3 months of use. It stopped turning, but instead, I used it as a night light.
2. Video Monitor {Summer Infant Day & Night Video Monitor} - I HIGHLY recommend a video monitor. I had registered for a regular thinking, eh, it'll do. And then we moved into a bigger place and the nursery was a bit far (not the next room over),  I got a VM. And what a difference. I had so much more peace of mind being able to see my baby on the screen. I still use it and I plan on using it until the kids are a bit older. I not only use it every time they sleep, but also when they are playing in their room. It was well worth the price tag. I love it!


3. Boppy pillow - So some people hate this, but it worked well for me and hubby. We used it for both #1 and #2 during feedings and putting babies to sleep. And it's held up decently. It's been used and abused. 

4. Bouncy Chair {Fisher Price} - Each of my children liked this thing. More than the swing. And it was easy to take from place to place within the house. It soothed my babies and they slept in it for decent periods of time.



5. Playtex Bottles {Drop-In System} - Seriously, I loved these bottles. They were easy to use, and super convenient. I was going to try a new bottle with #2 but why fix something that isn't broke. #2 is still on the bottle, but only 'til we finish up our last box of bottle liners.

6. Jumper/Saucer {Fisher Price/Little Einstein}- I used both of mine to death. We had a Rainforest Jumper and an Einstein Saucer. And the saucer is on it's last limb while the jumper has held up nicely. But I can say that #1 liked it much more than #2. They're so great for those times you need to do something like cook, take child #1 potty, or you need a little break.


7. Changing table/dresser - I loved my changing table, and I loved it so much that when #2 came along I bought another one for the master bedroom. However, I bought the second one used on Craigslist, and sold it again when I was done with it. I basically got free use out of it for a few months.


8. Swaddles {SwaddleMe} - OMG. All I can say is: life savers! Both of my kids loved these. From the get go, I used them for each child. And I used them up until they no longer fit in them or wiggled out of them. Actually, #2 was a more crazy sleeper so she gave these up much quicker, but they worked when we really needed it. #1 used these until he was 10 months and #2 until she was around 7 months.



9. Receiving Blankets {SwaddleDesigns}- Yes, these are different from swaddles. These are huge blankets that you can use to swaddle. They are not like those little tiny ones from Gerber or Target, these are the real deal. I used the ones by Swaddle Designs, and I loved them. I still use them as light blankets whenever we go on trips.

10. Glider/Rocker {Dutailier glider/ottoman} - Whichever one you can get, get one! My glider was a hand me down from my sister. It's actually now going to be 18 years old, but it's in perfect condition after 4 kids. I had the covers done to match my kids' room and I still love it. We used it. A lot! It was awesome for feedings and rocking to sleep. I also had the ottoman.



*Pics are of actual or similar brand/item I used.



No comments: