Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jacob's in Pre-School!

On Tuesday, Sept. 13, Jacob had his very 1st day of school. ever. The beginning of his school career. I was, of course, way more nervous than he was. Let's get real, he's 3. He doesn't get nervous. But I was sad, and happy. Sad 'cause he wasn't going to be with me all day, happy 'cause I knew he would love it. He's in a program that's only 2 days a week (wanted to start off slow) from 8:30a to 11:15a. Jacob woke up at his usual time, 7am, I made him breakfast, got him ready, and we were out the door. When we got to his school there were already a few parents waiting, so we waited. Some parents had video cameras and others were taking pictures. At 8:30a, on the dot, the teachers opened the door. We picked a cubby for Jacob's lunch box, and I signed him in. Jacob went straight to the toy dinosaurs. He didn't skip a beat. I filled out a new parent form, and watched as he played for a bit. But I knew it was time to go. And as I bent down to kiss him good bye, he said with ease, "Bye, mama!" And I knew it was all okay. Now going back to pick him up, that was another story. He was happy to see me. He was sitting at a table with a couple of girls drinking his juice pouch and eating his oatmeal granola bar. As soon as I said we were going home, I could hear the whining begin. But I quickly started talking to him about school, helped him clean up his mess, and walked out the door with his 1st piece of art work. Awww. His first art work. He was over it. On his ride home he was a little grumpy but he sat quietly eating his fruit snacks. All in all, Jacob LOVED it! He's my social butterfly. He loves being out and about with other kids. No major incidents were reported, so I guess it was an excellent 1st day!



Waiting just outside the classroom.

He went for the dinosaurs.
 

They painted with corn.


No comments: