Thursday, June 16, 2011

Michaels Decorating Basics - Day 2

So, I have to say, day 2 was way better than day one. The teacher was not as frazzled, and she helped out a lot more. This week we did our first cake. And I have to say, my cake almost looks professional. LOL! I was able to relax, and get myself together and focus on what I was doing. A couple of cool tips I learned, you can take a single 8" layer of cake and make a two layer cake just by cutting it in half and filling it with pudding or preserves. I also learned that doing designs isn't as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. Seriously, before going to class, I was so wanting to quit. But my hubby said I had to go, and I wanted to be there for my niece, and I went. And I'm glad I did. I was able to relax and enjoy the class this time around. Although, the prep work was a PITA. I had made my cake the night before along with the icing. I think the icing nearly killed my mixer. It was starting to smell like something was burning. My arms were killing me from stirring, and I was just exhausted. But I made it, and I didn't give up. Next week we're doing cupcakes! Luckily, I already have them baked up and I bought a huge tub of ready made icing!



I made a chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding.

Yum! It was as good as it looked!



1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

Super cute! It looks yummy too!!