Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope everyone had a nice day with their significant other! And for those who're single, I hope you had a happy SAD (Single Awareness Day) day! Our V Day was quiet, as usual. Hubby and I didn't attempt a dinner out because we did not want to wait in a long ol' line. But Jess did come home bearing gifts. Flowers and chocolates! Yum! And, am I the only woman in the world who actually likes carnations? No, really. I don't know anyone who likes them. I think they look really pretty and sophisticated in a tight little bunch. Anywho, my gift to the hubs was homemade peanut butter cups. I tried to pick up a bag of Reese's cups, but when I saw the $6.99 price tag, my jaw was on the floor! So, I went home and found a recipe at a spot I frequent. Apparently, this recipe was all over the blog world. It's super easy, and I had everything on hand. Love when that's unplanned! And they are sooo good! They taste better than a Reese's PB cup. I also did a little variation by using half milk chocolate and half semi-sweet choco chips to make up the 1/2 cup called for in the recipe. Did that make sense? Anyway, you should deff try these! Oh, and I also got hubs the sweetest card ever. It was a perfect Valentine's day :0)



Here's the recipe from Stylish Cuisine:

Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Recipe from Michelle at One Ordinary Day

1/2 cup butter
1 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


(Line a 8×8, 9×9, or 7×11 pan with foil for easy removal of bars later.)


Melt 1/2 c. butter of low heat. Remove from heat and stir in confectioner’s sugar. Add peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs, stirring until creamy. Spread mixture into pan, patting down evenly.


In same pot, on low heat, melt butter. Add chocolate chips and stir until chips are nearly melted and very soft. Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate is smooth and shiny. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut into bars.


Store peanut butter cup bars in refrigerator.


Yield: 16 or more bars (depending upon how big you cut them)


No comments: