Friday, January 21, 2011

Isabella's 6 Months!!!


In Jacob's words: Oh my goodness! <---I love when he says that. Anyway, it has finally arrived, Isabella's 6 month birthday. And we had her doctor's appointment! Isabella is 21 pounds (99%!) and is 27.5 inches tall (95%!). I could not believe that she's above the 90th percentile for height and weight. I knew it though. Looking at my baby girl, she's sooo long and solid. Obviously, a good eater. Speaking of which, Isabella's been on solids for a little over a week. Veggies are definitely not her favorite. More on that in another post! She had her usual shots, and she won't have anymore 'til her 1st birthday. Yay! A break. I hate when she gets her shots. It breaks my heart. She never cries unless she is really hurt. The doctor said she looks perfect, and very strong. But! She's still not sitting on her own. She's sooo stubborn! He said she has enough core strength, but she just doesn't want to. She's almost there, but she just throws herself back, or she just tips to the side. Nothing to worry about. Baby girl did well at her appointment, a little crying, then a nap.

And a few weeks ago, Bella found her feet. Anytime she can, she tries to play with her feet. It's so funny 'cause sometimes she grunts. Hehe. And she's rolling everywhere! I put her on the floor and she'll end up everywhere but the starting point. And she loves to sleep on her side and tummy. Talk about stress for momma. I can't catch a good night's sleep. I have to get up a few times a night to check on her. But according to her doctor, there's a super slim chance for SIDS. Ugh, I hate even saying/typing the word. Doc also said the risk drops even more dramatically at 9 months. Ok, ok, enough of that. Developmentally, and physically, baby girl is where she needs to be, and I'm very very happy :0)








No comments: