Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Recap

Our Halloween ended up being very low key, as it always is. Saturday we carved a pumpkin. Jacob helped, a little. Jess cleaned out the pumpkin, with Jacob's help, and traced the stencil while I did the actual carving. We chose Mickey Mouse, and I think it came out pretty good. I was proud of myself, I wanted to do another one. Next year. Sunday was really quiet. The kids had a really good, long nap, and they were ready to trick-o-treat. We headed out at around 7p. A little later than we had planned, but Isabella was taking her bottle. As usual, only a few houses gave out candy despite there being a decent crowd out trick-o-treating. It's so sad. Just 5 years ago, this neighborhood was so alive and fun. We'd enjoyed sitting out giving out candy. Now, not so much. We hit up about 5 blocks before I could tell Jacob was ready to call it quits. And it was his bed time. Isabella was a trooper too. She was all snug and warm in her costume. We got sooo many compliments on her flower costume. And Jacob was a dragon, however everyone kept calling him a dinosaur. LOL! I thought it was funny. I called him a dino a few times too. Oops! And Jacob flipped when he saw a Buzz Lightyear named Jacob too. All in all, the kids had fun and that's all that mattered. And we have a pretty good candy stash now!













No comments: