Thursday, September 9, 2010

DIY Flower Headband



I *heart* big flower headbands on little girls! I've been wanting to make some for the last couple of months, and well, nothing like a special occasion to move me along. I needed a hot pink hair accessory to match Isabella's dress she was going to wear to a wedding. The night before I was brain storming, and I was looking though old drawers, when I found the most perfect flower pin! I was so excited! Here's what I did...

I used two flowers, I wanted it to be full, and took them apart. I got rid of the little plastic parts, and made sure I stacked the layers exactly the same way I took them off. I then glued each layer of the flower back together with hot glue. And to finish it off, I found a big, hot pink gem to cover the center, where the plastic used to be. For the headband, I used an old one of my own. I cut it to be 13" long, and around 6.5" when folded in half, to fit her tiny head. I hot glued the ends together, and gave it a little stretch test to check the hold. Finally, I glued the flower on, right where I glued the two ends together. Easy and cheap! I'm going to make more!







2 comments:

Marcie @ DWYH said...

So prec! Love this headband! Thanks for sharing.

Expressions by Heather said...

Flower clips are super easy, and look so cute! I pick up flowers at places like Goodwill & yard sales when I find nice ones, and layer, layer, layer!