Monday, June 7, 2010

Eating All By Himself

As Jacob gets bigger, so does his quest for independence. Recently, he's become more and more adamant about feeding himself, and I guess it's time to let him make a mess. For the last few months, I've been contemplating on moving him to a booster, and this last weekend it was finally time. The final decision came down to the fact that he enjoyed sitting with us for meals and he's been feeding him self well. He's been feeding himself for the last 4 months, and drinking from a cup has gotten much better in the last 3 months. He's learned to control the pour now, and he thinks he's an expert with ANY cup. This is not so, especially when he gets a nose full of liquid. Yuck. He hates that. Okay, so let me be really honest. I hate messes. And I loved that his mess was in a controlled area on the highchair, now it's in a bigger communal area. And well, lets face it, he takes forever to eat, sometimes he not only gets frustrated, but so do I. And that's when I have to step in and feed him. Finally, let's be super real, we needed the space for baby girl's swing, and other gadgets that she probably won't use. Everything looks great for now, but come 2 months, and this place is going to be a mess, and a zoo. I get the heebeegeebees thinking about. But for now, I try to look forward to Jacob's new mile stones, and things to come.

His booster...


He loves to eat fruit all by himself...


He hates to eat watery things all by himself (momma does too), hence the dirty bib...


Drinking from a cup...


He likes to say, "Ahhh," after a nice drink...


And now, for pictures, he says "Cheese!"


No comments: