Tuesday, May 4, 2010

28 Weeks/3rd Trimester: My Belly

Ahhh, I'm in my final trimester! 12 weeks until she arrives! 3 months! Wow! Okay, okay, enough with the exclamation points. As I go into my 3rd tri, things aren't so bad. After being diagnosed with GD I was really down, but after speaking with doctors and working on my diet, I've found that I can eat what I used to eat just in smaller portions and I need to snack more. It's such a relief. I don't feel restricted at all, however I know this can change as the baby gets bigger and my body produces more hormones. Anywho, other than that, I'm still sleeping well through the night. I make an average of 2-3 trips to the bathroom at night, and the leg cramps aren't so bad. By this time with Jacob, I was battling high blood pressure, and I'd gained a ton of weight...literally. My ankles were sooo swollen too, but they've yet to swell, of course hot weather is around the corner. And I've had a burst of energy these last few days, and it has allowed me to get some stuff done for my sprinkle and some of Isabella's stuff finished. Jacob's going to be making the switch to his bed as soon as his mattress is delivered, hopefully by the end of this week. My goal is to finish their room by June.

And for the first time since I've revealed my Jacob tummy (back in June '08), I am now sharing my Isabella tummy. My 28 week bump, or hump. So, for those of you that don't know, I am a plus sized girl. And when some plus sized girls get pregnant, we get a "B" bump, now what that means is, that for awhile or for the duration of pregnancy, instead of having a basketball tummy we have a tummy that's shaped like a "B." I had it for Jacob, but towards the end I actually got a round watermelon tummy. Currently, I have the "B" tummy, and I don't know how round I'll get, but we'll see. We also don't get a belly button that pops out, it gets close but not quite there. I'm kind of glad 'cause it kind of grosses me out. But I remember learning about the "B" belly with Jacob when I was just a couple months pregnant. I wanted to know what a plus sized belly looked like, and I found that we get "B" bellies. You can see my current 28 week "B" belly, and a comparison belly shot of both bellies below:

28 weeks


Left: Isabella 28 wks - Right: Jacob 28 wks


2 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Yay for third trimester!! I just learned about sprinkles the other day!! :O) Have a great week!
Kelly

Crystal Escobar said...

I love belly pics!
Just came across your blog through Kelly, and thought I'd say hello. I love meeting other moms :)