Wednesday, January 20, 2010

29 Years...Young!

Ack, it's my 29th birthday today. One more year 'til the big 30! I still can't believe I'll be moving into my 30s soon. I feel like I'm not a day over 26. Where has the time gone?! I still remember celebrating my 21st birthday and now here I am, almost 30. But I'm okay with it. Let the celebrations begin!

For my birthday, Jess took me to Vegas. We had a great time. A much needed mini vacation/babymoon. I actually had the chance to sleep in and sleep like a log. Something I haven't done in a looong time. We headed out to Vegas Friday morning. We left around 10:30a and arrived at 2:30p. The ride was cool. Jess and I decided on our baby names. Yup, we have our names for a boy or a girl. Now we need to find out! Anywho, Friday afternoon we checked into our hotel, The Riviera. A friend of mine hooked us up with a sweet deal, and we only payed half price for our stay. More money to play with! Friday night we headed to our most favorite dining spot in Vegas, Gonzalez y Gonzalez. We love their food, and we go every time we're in town. It was delicious! After that, we hit up some slots, and the hay. I was exhausted by 11p. But Jess stayed out a bit to play. Saturday we woke up late. I'm telling you, I slept like a log. We eventually got ready and headed out to lunch at one of Guy Fieri's Triple D spots he had on the show. It's called Four Kegs and they're known for their Stromboli. And it was to die for. So good, unfortunately, I got something else and it was gross. Yuck. But I highly recommend the Stromboli combo with ham, turkey, and cheese. Mmm mmm. After lunch, Jess and I went on a wild goose chase to look for some Uggs I want, but of course, being the middle of winter, I didn't find them. So, I had to buy them online. Another B-day present. Saturday night we headed out to The Imrpov. The headliner was Kivi Rogers, it was a good time, but kind of bummed we couldn't get tix for "O" since they were sold out. Boo. After the show we headed out for a laaate dinner to Gallagher's steak house in NY-NY. I had the filet mignon, and their mac 'n cheese that was scrumptious. Yum! Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to get ready to head back home, but Jess had one request. He wanted the breakfast buffet from Stratosphere. He loves that they have pineapple juice. And the food was good, for buffet. I've learned to have an omelet made, and to stay away from watery eggs. After B-fast we were on our way home. And we were sooo exited to see Jacob. We missed him terribly. Even considered leaving earlier to see him, but I'm glad we "toughed" it out. It was sooo much fun! I hope to make it a yearly trip.

* I didn't feel like taking pix so here are some I stole from the web. Again, these are NOT my pictures.

Our hotel...


Gonzalez y Gonzalez...


Four Kegs...


Chasing these Uggs...


the Improv...


Gallagher's...



1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

Happy Birthday!!Your trip sounds like it was amazing!! Enjoy your day!!