Friday, January 15, 2010

The 12th Week

Okay, I'm actually a little over 12 weeks, but still in my 12th week. Yesterday I had the NT screening. Jess and I were able to see our little bean. It was amazing. I can't believe that just six weeks ago this little thing was just a tiny sac and pole. Now it's a baby. Seeing our bean for the first time as a baby, it hit me that we're having another one. We saw it move and wave it's little hands, and hearing and seeing that it was okay, I was ecstatic! It put me at such ease. I definitely did not have this many ultrasounds with Jacob. I feel very lucky that I've been able to see the bean at least once a month. I hope it continues, but I doubt it. As for the pregnancy so far, I still have morning sickness, but not as bad as weeks 7 thru 8, and I've lost some weight. A good thing for my pregnancy. The nausea comes on whenever it wants, and my boobs are sore. I'm still tired, but that could be due to the fact that I'm running after a 17 month old all day. And because it's my birthday next week, and mommy needs a break, Jess and I our headed on a mini babymoon. We're going to Vegas this weekend. We haven't been in almost 4 years! Yikes. We used to go at least twice a year since I turned twenty one which was a span of five years. I'm excited to have "me" time, but I'm going to miss Jacob. But he'll be in good hands with my family. And if I feel up to it, I'll take some pics. but for now here's a pic of our little bean...

Not the best picture, but you can, kind of, see a head and part of its tummy.


No comments: