Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend '09

Hope everyone had a nice and pleasant 4th! Ours was crazy hectic, but sooo much fun. Our weekend started Friday night. My older brother organized a camp out at my sister's house complete with tents, sleeping bags, swimming, hot dogs, smores, and ghost stories. All the kids, and most adults, loved the camp out and we may have another before summer ends. Oh, and Jess, Jacob, and I did not sleep out. No thanks. I got a lovely cold just in time for the holiday. That sucked, but I didn't let it hold me back. But we were invited back for breakfast cooked out on the fire (aka over the BBQ). The 4th was spent swimming, eating, and hanging out with family and friends. Fireworks were provided by our city at the local high school. We used to go every single year, but we hadn't been in ages. However, since this was Jacob's first 4th we wanted to start going again. Jacob was not fazed by the loud noise. At first, he would jump a little, and blink every time there was a pop, but then the novelty wore off and he wanted to play and laugh at all the kids around us. Despite having a good swim, he was a trooper and didn't hit the sack 'til about 10:30, and he was still in a good mood.

The partying didn't stop there, well at least not for me. I spent my Sunday at a quinceañera (15th Birthday aka Latin version of a sweet sixteen). My niece was in the court and my sister had 2 extra seats. And I do know the girl. This party was awesome. It was at the Los Angeles River Center & Gardens, right in the middle of the ghetto, but from the inside it was beautiful. No detail was left undone. The court performed a couple of choreographed dances that included fireworks, doves, and a costume change. The live band is well known around LA, and the food and open bar were great. This thing put my wedding to shame, but then again we didn't spend $75,000! That's what we guesstimate the cost to be. We want to know what they'll do for her wedding. Anywho, it was an exhausting weekend, but I had a blast.

This tent was huge!


We made popcorn and smores...


The morning after...


Jacob enjoying the pool on the 4th...


Annoyed by the flash just before the fireworks...



No comments: