Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Projects...

Within the last few weeks I've completed some projects, or refurbishments. The first was a wrought iron mirror.

I bought this mirror for $35 on Craigslist, my new best friend. It originally came to me in a metal/silver finish. All I did was take a can of black spray paint to it and tah dah! It's my new mirror.



My next project was a set of lamps. These lamps belonged to my parents and they are probably over 40 years old. I cleaned the crystal with glass cleaner, recovered the shade, and painted the brass. The total cost of 2 lamps: $9! I may use them for our bedroom nightstands, but I'm not sure.

Before:


After:


This past weekend I bought an entry table. Also purchased through Craigslist. It still had the price tag on it. Original price was $69.99, I paid $18. So, it wasn't exactly the color I needed, I took out my trusty black spray can, and tah dah!

Before:


After:

I still have several other little projects I need to complete, but I really enjoy refurbishing things. It's great stress relief for me. I think I found a new hobby.

No comments: