Friday, February 27, 2009

Let's talk TV...

Actually, more specifically, let's talk Jon & Kate + 8, aka All About Kate. Seriously, this used to be one of my favorite shows. I would eagerly await Monday nights but things have changed, and it started when they moved into their new house. The show seems to revolve less around the kids and more around Kate. Last Monday's (2/23) show irked me to no end. The whole episode seemed to be Kate whining about dogs. I mean really? She didn't realize how much work, on top of 8 kids, two new puppies would be??? I don't see the show lasting much longer, and if it does I'd be surprised. In the beginning they had a more relatable story that mothers, and people in general, could relate to, but as of late, this is no more. The dynamic of the show has changed. Will I still watch it? Probably, but definitely not with the same eagerness and anticipation as I once had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I've been really busy. We had Jacob's 6 month pics last weekend and should have the CD by next week. Hopefully we have something to share since he was not very peachy. I'll share his 6 month stats, too. He's also been sleeping less and that means more mommy and me time. Tons of fun but a lot of work. And I've joined a local MOMS club. So far the ladies have been super sweet and really supportive. I'm glad I decided to join. The only down fall is that alot of the kids are older and the majority of the moms have at least two kids. We've been to a few events, but I've yet to participate in a Mom's Night Out. They sound like a blast.

Jacob at MOMS day at the park...


I've been uber-busy working on my portfolio too. I'm a bit behind, but it just means that March is going to be crazy. My goal is to turn it in during the first week of April. Yup, I see a snippet of light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the new episodes, but Kate can be a drag. She's annoying.

Yay for keeping up with your portfolio! I'm sure it's going to be good and you'll be a genuine librarian soon :)

--Chems