Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mmm, mmm, good...

We've started Jacob on solids. He did well on cereal for a couple of weeks, but this week I decided to try something better. This week, and probably next week, we'll be working on our green veggies. So far he's had green beans and peas. We started them at lunch on Monday, the 19th, and the green beans got off to a rocky start. He tried them and made a face, and basically spit out whatever was in his mouth. But I didn't give up. We tried again at dinnertime and he ate a couple of table spoons. We also started him on peas, and he made a face, but kept right on chowing down. Tonight, for dinner, he ate the whole bowl, which is probably a little over 2 oz. Am I surprised he eats so well? I don't think so! Something told me he'd be a great eater. We also got Jacob a highchair. Before, meals were given to him in his Bumbo, but he figured out how to squirm out of it, so we had to get a highchair right away. Luckily, this weekend we hit up Babies 'R' us to get a chair and stock up on some other stuff. I also hit up Costco and found the cutest onesies. I bought Jacob some Dr. Seuss onesies. I've been wanting these things forever. Actually since about July. I'd seen them in an online boutique, but they always had the wrong color or the wrong size, and each onesie cost about $20 each! Well I got 2 pairs of onesies, and each pair was only $9.99! I also got a tip from another blogger that Target had some decent clearance stuff in children's, so I hit up target, too and I got him the Fisher Price musical zoo for only $35, regularly $50. It was a good shopping weekend.

Mmm, green beans...


Jacob enjoying his food in his new highchair...


Dr. Seuss onesies...



We're hoping to break it out soon...


My very little, hungry caterpillar...

No comments: