Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BFP!

That stands for Big Fat Positive. Exactly one year ago today, I found out I was pregnant. After only one month of trying, I got pregnant. Everyone "knew" it would happen right away, but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I gave myself 6 months. Well to my surprise, it didn't quite work out that way. But here's what happened one year ago today. I woke up early that morning. I had to use the restroom right away so I took a 99¢ Store pregnancy test. I let it sit for a few minutes. There it was...a super faint line, but a line. I was ecstatic. I ran back and forth from the bathroom to our room. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to tell everybody but I couldn't, just yet. My first thought was, "OMG I'm having a baby!" then I thought, "OMG I'm going to be responsible for someone!" But I quickly went back to, "OMG we're going to have a baby!" I continued on with the rest of my morning. I took Jasmine and Anthony to school and stopped by Target. Because the line was faint on the last test, I decided to get a pack of EPTs, a bib that said I love daddy, and pink and blue tissue paper. As soon as I got home I dropped everything and took the test. The line was there, now even darker. I wrapped Jess' gift and waited for him to get home from work. As soon as he walked in, I gave him the box, he opened it and the first thing he said was, "Oh what?!" He had a smile from ear to ear. He acted like he knew it was going to happen so soon (so did my sister). I think I was the only who thought it would take awhile. Who knew it would only take us 1 month of trying. Jess and I decided to wait a few weeks 'til Christmas to tell close family and friends. We told my parents and my siblings on Christmas Eve. I wrapped up bibs for my mom and dad that said "I love Grandma/Grandpa." What better gift than the gift of a child? Now here we are, one year later with a baby boy just a few days shy of turning 4 months old!

You can barely see the line...



It's really there...


How I told Jesse...


Telling my parents...


Baby Jacob almost one year after our BFP...

No comments: