Monday, September 29, 2008

Procrastination.

It's what I do best. I once had better control of it, but lately almost everything has gone by the way side. I'm mostly referring to school. I've been in school for just over a month, and today was the first day I actually did homework, but only because it was due today. I think I have "senioritis." However, I'm not a senior, but in my last class of my last year of grad school. I cannot wait for it to be over. But I really can't complain. A little background info. I graduated from CSUF with a BS in Child and Adolescent Development, I was going to be a teacher but decided being trapped in a classroom was not for me, so I decided to become a children's librarian. I now attend SJSU and will be graduating, hopefully, May of '09. Like I said, I can't complain, this last class is about children's programming in libraries. Basically, I'm coming up with a portfolio of children's storytimes. Today's assignment had to do with redesigning a children's area and writing a proposal. It wasn't half bad and kind of fun, but unrealistic since we had no budget. For our next assignment I have to design a children's website. I can tell this one is going to be fun. *insert eye roll here* Actually, the professor already mentioned it will be easier for those who are more tech savvy. That's nice. So, we'll see how that goes.

Our weekend was really boring. The only half exciting thing we did was make our first trip to the market with Jacob. He slept the whole time. I was glad. We were able to get in and out. Jesse also made his famous ziti. Seriously, his ziti is the best. We also had salad and Texas cheese toast. It was all so yummy.

Jacob has started smiling more. I've tried capturing this elusive behavior with my camera, but you know how that goes. I got somewhat of a smile...


Jacob has also started enjoying his play mat. Yeah right! He lasted only a few minutes before he started freaking out. But here he is before he started crying...



That's pretty much all the excitement I've experienced recently. I can't wait 'til things start picking up around here again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww, Jacob is adorable!!!