Thursday, August 7, 2008

Waiting...

and waiting. I had an OB appointment today, and absolutely nothing is happening. Yep, no dilation, no effacement. As Chema said, "He's as snug as a bug in a rug," or something like that. So, things continue on. I have a growth ultrasound on Monday. I can't wait to see Baby J again, maybe for the last time on an U/S screen?! Then I have an OB appointment next Wednesday. I think if nothing happens by then, we will discuss my options. But here's the thing. My sister is going to be out of town next Monday through Thursday, and my niece will be getting back from camp on Monday. I hope I don't have Baby J while their gone 'cause I really want them there, but labor is so unpredictable. So, we'll see how the next week goes.

Moving on to an obsession of mine. I really really really want a new camera. I currently have a piece of crap Fuji digi cam from '04/'05. It sucks. I mean it does what I need it to do, but I want a real camera. I want a Canon Rebel. I love this camera. I've been doing my research on it for the last 4 or 5 months, and it has great reviews. So, why don't I just get it? I dunno. I'm weird like that. Jess said to just get it, but I can't. I have this thing when I want something expensive and can afford it, I find reasons not to get it. I want the camera, I can afford it, but I can't justify getting it. But I really want this camera. Stay tuned to see if I cave. I think I'm pretty close to caving in and buying, but we'll see.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You need the camera! You can justify it because you are having a baby and you need to capture all those memories!

As for labor, I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I was so impatient near the end (which explains my elective induction). I am sure you know those stats at the doctor mean nothing. you could go into labor tonight!!!!!