Friday, July 25, 2008

What a day...

Baby Boy J is officially full term today! For a short time, we didn't think we'd make it this far. From the doc telling us he would possibly deliver at 35-36 weeks, to a scare and possible delivery at 31 weeks. We've made it! And for that I'm grateful and blessed. So, we now have 3 weeks to go until EDD of August 15th. I can't believe it, but I'm also very excited. I cannot wait to meet him! I also cannot wait to get rid of this horrible rash! This thing stinks. I hate it. As soon as the meds wear off, I start itching all over, but I'd rather have this thing than pre-e or gestational diabetes. Baby J will be here in less than a month!

Today Jess and I picked up our magnificent wedding album. We've now been married for 9 months. A little delay in getting the album, but it was my fault for procrastinating on picking pictures. I love the way it came out. The first time I looked through it, I remembered the fun and specialness of the day, and then I looked through it again and I went through all the things I could've changed. Not many changes, just one or two, but I still wouldn't change that day for the world. Here are some pics....






After picking up our album, we also took my niece and nephew out to lunch. Jess picked Chili's even though we just ate there last week. Apparently he really liked their burger. On the way there, we made a quick stop to pick up a "baby crack machine" (aka Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby). Yes, this is what it is being called. I'd first seen it months ago at Target, and I thought "we need one of those" and then just blew it off. But then I started hearing more about it on the Nest boards, and then I also heard about it from a fellow blogger (Jennifer). So, I got a recent tip from the Nest boards that it's only 19.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond, while Target has it for 29.99. And well, what do you know? I had a 20% off coupon for BBB, so I got this lovely machine for only 15.99! Let's hope Baby J really loves it!


Other than that, today has been pretty uneventful. And as far as weekend plans go, nothing much is going on. I plan to go with my sis to drop off my nephew at summer camp, but other than that nothing else is going on...for now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope your baby loves crack as much as mine does! LOL. But seriously, I love that machine. L has been averaging between 8-10 hours of sleep per night since I got that thing when he was like a month old! I put him down awake and he just watches the "movies" and listens to the waves and is in the zone!