Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oy vey...

It's a harsh summer. Or maybe it feels like that because I'm now in my ninth month of pregnancy! Ugh. Can I vent? Of course I can! I have this terrible rash, and it itches so bad. I feel like I have full body athlete's foot. Gross, but that's how I feel! The doc gave me some ointment, but it's barely cutting it. Yuck. Anywho speaking of the doc, I had an OB appointment yesterday. Baby Boy J still looks good. He's head down, no pre-e, nada. Everything's normal. Woo hoo! Okay, expect for this rash, and when I complain to the doc about it he replies with, "I dunno what that is." What?!?!? What do you mean? Were still awaiting results to see if it's another type of dangerous rash, but I won't know until next week at my other OB appointment. It's so contradictory, but I rather have this rash than the dangerous rash. No win situation. Oh, well. And last but not least, I tested positive for Group B Strep. Great, just one more thing to worry about. I loved my first and second trimester, but this third one is really going haywire.

And since I'm coming down to the wire I'm looking to old wives tales to help get this baby out. The one I'm hoping will work is the one that got us in this situation. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh yeah, and I may try the walking thing, but I get super tired after that. Right now, it feels like this baby will not budge. I've had no contractions, no mucus plug fall out, no weird pressure that lasts, nada. Please, please send me some labor dust. I don't think I can hold out another 3 weeks of itching! Oh yeah and to the doc's comment about this still being a big baby...he needs to come soon.

The view from above...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this raspberry vinaigrette dressing that's supposed to induce labor. I forgot what restaurant makes this salad (it's with chicken and spinach, I think). There's a bunch of stuff on the Web about it.

Sorry about the rash! :(
--Chema