Monday, July 7, 2008

Exhausted.

I am so tired. I had such a busy weekend. Let's start with Friday. BTW, Happy *belated* 4th of July! I spent my 4th swimming, eating, and relaxing. Saturday was a little more eventful. Saturday morning Jess and I took an L & D tour of our hospital. Boy, was that a a waste of time. With all of the trips we'd done already, we could've given the tour. Saturday afternoon we headed to my brother's house and had the best nachos ever. These nachos are sooo good that it's a special treat when we get them. We also watched Hot Rod. The. Dumbest. Movie. Ever. After that we headed home, and just relaxed. Sunday was awesome!

My sister's good friend lives down in Carlsbad, and she invited us over for Sunday breakfast. She made us home made Belgium waffles, apricot turnovers, bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns! It was all sooo delicious. She even made me decaf coffee. My first cup in over 8 months. I loved it! So, the night before we had decided that since we'd be in Carlsbad that we'd head down to the outlets. Like the savvy little shopper that I am, I printed out some outlet coupons and was ready to go. We hit the outlets at around 11am, got really good parking, the weather was slightly overcast, and we were full from our grub. The first store we hit up was Coach! And I scored. I bought the following purse, which was originally 328.00, marked down to 199.99 plus an additional 20% off! Yes, I got this bag for 159.20!


I didn't stop there! I needed another diaper bag (aside from the one I just bought earlier in the week - pic below). So I tried to find a Coach one, and I did! I bought this black beauty originally 398.00 marked down more than 45% to 207.99!



Love them both, especially for the awesome price. But I wasn't done shopping. I hit up the Carter's store with my $10 off coupon! I bought baby boy some outfits and a couple of essentials, too:



After walking quite a bit, I was starting to get tired, so I knew we were coming to an end, but I made one final stop at the Vans store and bought these things:



Aren't they the cutest?! I'd like to say these are the first pair of shoes I bought him, but last week I bought him 2 pairs from Me In Mind. Anywho, we finished off shopping with some Hot Dog On A Stick. I had the cherry lemonade. It was tasty, and we headed back home. Last night, we just relaxed with The Simpson's Movie and ice cream.

Finally, today my sister and I attended a conference on Asperger's Syndrome. For those that don't know, I have a 12 year old nephew who was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2.5. The conference was held from 8:30a to 4:30p, and was rather interesting. We got so much out of it. So much so that we had information overload, but I'm extremely glad we went. The information we gained will be very helpful for the upcoming school year! And I am pooped!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You got some great deals!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of all that shopping! The bargains! The food!And you lie--Hot Rod was THE best movie of the year. The Academy totally snubbed it.
--CHEMA