Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ugh...

So, yesterday I had to go in for testing, and it was not good, at first. I had my appointment at the hospital for 3:30p, and I usually get there around 3p because admitting takes awhile. Anywho, we did the ultrasound and baby boy looked good, but the nurse I got didn't let me see baby (the last couple of times I got this other nurse who would let me see him). So, then I go to Labor & Delivery, a.k.a. L&D, and they hook me up to the fetal monitors, and the BP machine. I knew this wasn't going to go well. I have felt like my BP was elevated all morning, but it's my fault for not resting like I should've. Well, of course my first BP reading was high, and stayed slightly above normal for a few hours, but I was definitely borderline high the whole time. The nurse is concerned and calls my Doc who orders a "clean" urine sample (I don't mean pee in a cup, BTW) and blood work. They think I have pre-e. During this time baby is still looking good, actually nurse comments that we have a "future Olympian here." Well, after a few more hours of monitoring, the results for the tests are in and they are ALL negative, oh and get this, I had the wrong BP cuff size on! Which can cause inaccurate BP readings! HELLO! Undue stress on behalf of dumb nurse who put the wrong cuff! All in all, I was in the hospital for 4.5 hours, and I was starving by the time I got out. Luckily, my mom made my favorite dinner, enchiladas. Yum! And I'm now on more of a modified bed rest where I have to rest at least 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. I kind of like it, except I'm nesting and this means I can't do everything I want to do. Boo. Hopefully Jess well help out. So, after last night's somewhat painful events, everything still looks good for us!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am glad everything is okay!!!!