Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My first...

Well, I've finally decided to take the plunge and just do it. Everyone's doing it, right? For the last couple of months I've been wanting to start my own blog. Somewhere to throw my thoughts, and here it is. So let me start with a little background.

My husband, Jesse, and I have been together for almost 10 years. We met during my senior year in high school and he was in his second year of the Marine Corp. We started dating in 1998 and the rest is history. We've been together non-stop, with no break ups. After 8 years we finally got engaged, and were married a year and a half later on October 20th, 2007. Well, very shortly after that, I got pregnant, like less than a month after getting married. We were very lucky and blessed that it happened so quickly.

I found out I was pregnant on December 10th, 2007. I had a feeling, but wasn't really sure 'cause I really did not want to get my hopes up. My boobs had been hurting, and I missed my period. As soon as I told my sister my boobs hurt, the first thing she said was, "You're pregnant!" Low and behold, a few days later I took a test and it was negative. So, then I took another test a few days later and it was positive. I couldn't believe it. The line was there but so faint, so I ran to Target (my favorite store) and picked up a pack of EPT's, and a couple of presents for Jess. As soon as I got home, I took the test and there in dark pink, it said it again, I was pregnant. I was in shock and disbelief and the thoughts of being responsible for a little baby went through my head, and then I started jumping up and down. Not crazy jumping, just a little jumping. My pregnancy, in general, has been really good. I had morning sickness for a only a few days, and minor heartburn and acid reflux, nothing I couldn't handle. My major cravings in the beginning involved cheeseburgers, now it's frozen yogurt. We had our first ultrasound at the end of March of '08, when they told us it was a boy. I started showing probably around 20 weeks and this was also when I started feeling him move. In the middle of April of '08, we had another ultrasound and we confirmed that he was still a boy. Finally, we had a 3D/4D ultrasound and we finally got to see his little face, and it was remarkable to already see the resemblance.


So, here we are now. I'm pregnant with a baby boy, whose name I'm still unsure of, but Jess' name choice is already set. I'm exactly 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant with a little under 2 months to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go early. Not by choice, but out of concern for the baby. Nothing to serious, yet. But we do have to keep a closer eye on him. My blood pressure(BP) is like a roller coaster, high one day and low the next. Because of this, I've been having fetal monitoring, and on my first day my BP was through the roof and baby boy's heart rate had become erratic. Both not a good sign. It was so bad that the Doc was considering delivering me early at only 31 weeks, but luckily we both stabilized and we're still looking good. So you see, that's why I have a big feeling he'll be here really soon. I'm hoping to make it to at least the very end of July, but he can come at any time now. My estiamted due date is August 15th, just 2 weeks before Jess' birthday.


Here's our little man...

No comments: