Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Wow, what a weekend! So, I was definitely not on bed rest. I had my lovely baby shower on Saturday, and it was so much fun. For dinner, my parents had gotten a taco guy, and it was delicious. Of course I didn't get to enjoy it, but I'm positive everyone else's did. He served several different kinds of meet including chicken and carne asada along with rice and beans. Yum! We had a delicious cake from this place in La Mirada called Sugar and Spice and it was so tasty. I would definitely get a cake from them again. All in all, we had about 75-85 guests. And I made out with a ton of gifts. Only a handful were from my registry (sort of expected it), but I was still happy nonetheless. The majority of my gifts were clothes. I have piles and piles of baby boy clothes to wash now. And the rest of the gifts were either money or gift cards. So here are some pics:

The cake!

Cake table...

Baby clothes line and guests...

Only a fraction of our gifts...

Centerpieces that everyone loved...

Funny pic of me and Jess...


We had a great time and we're both so thankful for such a fabulous day filled with friends, fun, and family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday was not a day of rest. We had to clean up, and get everything back to semi-normal. But after that we went to Babies R Us to buy all of the other necessities off of my registry. So now I have a room full of baby stuff that I can't touch 'til Jess gets home. You know, since I'm on this bed rest thing. We also had a BBQ with hamburgers, and left over tacos. The tacos, although a day old, were still delicious. The rest of the evening was spent in the jacuzzi, and having a bowl of my favorite frozen yogurt at OC yogurt. I always get the same thing, vanilla chocolate swirl with cheesecake strawberry swirl topped with some fudge, caramel, and cookie dough, and nuts. Yum! I want another!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, this brings me today. Monday, yuck. Nothing really going on today, just another non-stress test and ultrasound appointment. Hopefully everything goes well, but with me on my feet all weekend we'll see. I'll definitely update. Wish us luck!

No comments: